The Transportation Group Leader is responsible for the overall supervision, administration, planning, budgeting and performance of their Technical Production Design group in coordination and in concert with the overall Office objectives where the group resides and the Moore Engineering Practice standards and policies.
- Locations Needed
- Bemidji, Minn.
- East Grand Forks, Minn.
- Fergus Falls, Minn.
- Plymouth, Minn.
- St. Cloud, Minn.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages, supervises, and evaluates the employees in their practice/service area
- Makes staffing adjustments in their practice/service area with concurrence of Chief Production Officer, Office Manager and Human Resources Manager
- Ensures adherence to all company standards and practice design/production standards, procedures, and policies
- Helps build project teams by assigning group production employees/resources to project managers
- Assists project managers by developing and reviewing scopes, schedules and time budgets for work to be executed in their group
- Monitors team performance to ensure group’s adherence to agreed upon scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Ensures accuracy of deliverables by adhering to all QA/QC procedures for all work products developed in their group
- Collaborates with and mentors group production employees to develop efficient and effective design solutions
- Monitors group workload and maintains appropriate staffing levels
- Stays current on new products, technologies, innovations, and developments in their practice area
- Develops and coordinates with the Practice Leader on training needs and budget to ensure proper training of employees in their group
- Makes recommendations to Chief Production Officer and Office Manager regarding utilization goals, design programs/tools, and training needs and budgets
- Monitors and maintains utilization goals
- Maintains regular communication with other Group Leaders in their office and with other Group Leaders in their practice area in other offices to balance workload and share expertise/resources
- Maintains regular communication with the Practice Leader to improve project execution and delivery
- Participates in the RFP/RFQ process including, site visits, client meetings, scope development, preparation of project approach, technical execution plans, schedules, and interviews
- Serves as Lead Engineer/Technical Project Lead, as needed, on a project by project basis
- Maintains regular communication with Chief Production Officer and Office Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 6 or more years of engineering experience in their practice area
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State where the office is located or ability to obtain within six months
- Complete and thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering in their practice area
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor personnel
- Excellent communication skills
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.