This position is responsible for overseeing assigned water and wastewater projects to ensure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client, and that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
- Locations Needed
- Remote, U.S.
- St. Cloud, Minn.
- West Fargo, N.D.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives project assignments from the Water/Wastewater Group Leader
- Directs and/or designs plans for municipal water and wastewater handling and treatment systems while coordinating the preparation and completion of engineering documents required to construct the project including plans, details, equipment schedules, and specifications in accordance with process requirements, client recommendations, and regulatory criteria and codes
- Evaluates existing water and wastewater treatment systems and deficiencies, provides recommendations, prepares cost estimates, and develops solutions for clients
- Designs and does layouts of buildings, tanks, and other physical infrastructure required for water and wastewater treatment systems and chemical addition systems.
- Designs and prepares unit process diagrams, piping, and equipment layouts, and other process diagrams and details required for the project
- Calculates and designs hydraulic pumping and piping systems, mass balance diagrams, and appropriate unit equipment sizing and specifications
- Analyzes, compares, and recommends technical equipment required for each unit process to provide process requirements including size, performance, and efficiency of treatment unit
- Administers the overall construction of the project including answering construction questions, resolving construction issues, monitoring and maintaining the overall construction budget, process contractor applications for payment, negotiate change orders, and ensure timely completion of projects
- Participates and assists in pre-project presentations, interviews, promotions and other client relationships as requested by the Group Leader
- Assists in developing project task list to define scope of work and budgets and schedules each task of the project task list
- Prepares facility plan reports, preliminary engineering reports, and other technical reports associated for design of water and wastewater handling and treatment systems
- Coordinates and assists all municipal, regulatory, and other jurisdictional approvals required for the project
- Participates in various design and construction meetings required for water and wastewater projects, including design meetings with clients and sub-consultants, pre-bid and construction meetings with contractors and equipment suppliers as required
- Ensures accuracy and quality of all technical work
- Monitors project tasks to maintain budget, schedule, and scope of work
- Travels as required for project meetings, client meetings, or to construction sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in ND and MN or ability to obtain registration within six months
- Minimum of four years of work experience in water/wastewater engineering related to municipal water and wastewater treatment systems
- Ability to prepare engineering records and to write concise technical reports
- Ability to lead engineering projects
- Ability to manage several projects
- Ability to understand, in general, other engineering discipline principles
- Understanding of all appropriate codes
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with initiative to promote
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.