Engineering Technician – Summer 2023 InternshipApply Now
Assists in construction inspection by performing the following duties:
- Locations Needed
- Bismarck, N.D.
- Minot, N.D.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge of the Standard Specifications for Sewer, Water, and Road Construction, as well as their application
- Obtains measurements and report progress information and place detailed information on a RPR Daily Report
- Answers inquiries and complaints from residents and clients. Must be a good communicator
- Coordinates on-site testing when needed
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the job to be inspected
- Inspects materials prior to installation
- Points out potential problems to the Construction Project Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma
- Must be pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Technology
- General knowledge of construction
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, blueprints and maps
- Ability to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, lifting 50+ pounds Catch Basin grates and MH covers, hauling equipment, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be able to work hours that contractor works, up to 16 hours per day when indicated
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.