The IT Technician is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and upgrading the computer systems and networks. Responsibilities include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solving technical and application problems. The IT Technician will oversee the smooth running of computer systems and programs, ensuring that users are able to remain productive wherever they are working.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Monitor and proactively maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- First-level support for end-user issues and requests.
- Follow up with end users, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilize IT Help Desk software to record all requests and issues reported by end-users and ensure proper coding, documentation, and closure.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and systems are maintained at all times.
- Travel to remote offices to provision, install and troubleshoot IT equipment.
- Train end users on the use of systems and applications.
- Address support requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in implementing, testing, and rollout new systems as required.
- Support department and company procedures and recommend improvements as needed.
- Provision and set up new employee accounts and equipment as part of the onboarding process.
- Recommend IT-related equipment, software, and supplies based on end-user needs.
- Responsible for monitoring assets of the department according to established policies.
- Help to manage IT inventory and recommend replenishment where needed.
- Provision, move, set up, and update workstations as needed.
- Maintain inventory tracking system of hardware and software licenses.
- Communicate professionally and maintain positive working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and equivalent experience and/or training.
- 3+ years of experience in support/customer service preferred
- Knowledge of computer and office equipment along with various software applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and M365 applications is required
- Experience with VMware and Active Directory preferred
- Experience with IT help desk software, databases and remote support
- Working knowledge of telecommunication and internet technologies
- Working knowledge of routing, switching, and wireless network technology
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Advanced troubleshooting, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills are required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.