Responsible for planning, design, and construction for traffic engineering related projects. Involves transportation improvement projects including traffic signal design, traffic capacity analysis, traffic impact studies, geometric design, and corridor studies for City, County, and State agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and/or designs plans, calculates, and prepares engineering documents for respective engineering discipline, including details, equipment schedules and cost estimates for projects, including the selection and application of engineering systems and materials in accordance with the latest governing codes.
- Conducts or directs traffic studies, analyzes findings, prepares reports and makes recommendations. Presents findings to clients, elected officials, and public stakeholders either in client meetings or public forums.
- Provides support to transportation and municipal project managers in transportation related design, traffic signals, signing and striping plans, staging and traffic control plans.
- Directs and/or Develops, the final design and the preparation of plans, specifications and estimates associated with traffic design work.
- Coordinates the construction administration of signal and traffic management projects.
- Plans and organizes technical project work assignments.
- Coordination of project duties with other engineers, surveyors, technicians, and various staff and sub-consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Licensed in MN or ND with the ability to become licensed in both within 6 months
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience with at least three (3) years traffic engineering related experience
- Knowledgeable of design and project development process for traffic related projects
- Complete and thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
- Ability to prepare engineering records and to write concise technical reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and present to groups in public forums
- Experience with the development of construction plans, specifications, and contracts for signal projects
- Thorough knowledge in related software (i.e. MicroStation, SignCAD, MS Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn software to perform traffic modeling, capacity and operational analysis and studies, Syncro/Sim, Traffic, VISSIM, CORSIM, etc.
- Must keep current in job specialty through continuing education
- Ability to manage several projects
- Ability to manage and direct several staff
- Self motivated with initiative to promote
- Willing to travel as needed
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.