Drafts detailed construction drawings, topographical profiles, and related maps and specifications used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under no supervision to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- Able to perform preliminary civil design layout tasks.
- Proficient in most aspects of the Civil 3D environment within AutoCAD used on a day by day basis. (Surfaces, grading, corridors, pipes, quantities, etc.)
- Works with Registered Land Surveyor to review existing deeds, subdivision plats, survey record documents, and easement documents to show proper boundaries in designs.
- Analyzes sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings with minimal supervision.
- Utilizes the Moore tool palettes effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Accuracy, quality, completeness and schedule adherence can be independently maintained at this level of experience.
- May suggest and/or develop additions or propose changes to the existing templates and styles.
- May perform as a CADD project coordinator on projects with more than one operator.
- May train or provide assistance to less experienced technicians to help them resolve difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems.
- May begin applying to principles of civil engineering to make design decisions
- Perform at times in a designer capacity involving their discipline.
- May be required to prepare design calculations.
- Required to learn and follow company design standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering field.
- Two years of experience in Civil Engineering or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Civil 3D Software or other software company may be utilizing.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.