This position is responsible for gathering the proper field data and staking the proper boundary or construction lines to complete the scope of work required for a specific land surveying or engineering project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows the directives of the Survey Crew Chief to complete assigned projects
- Understands the information shown on the data collectors and can ascertain the erroneous data from the good data
- Follows and complies with Company procedures and State requirements to ensure that field data is in the proper format, taking into account the fact that each job will have its own peculiarities
- Maintains equipment in good working condition including calibrations, collimations, and general cleaning and keeps a maintenance record. Keeps batteries charged and communicates the need for replacement batteries or equipment as necessary
- Keeps survey vehicle supplied with lath, hubs, pins, paint, ribbon, and any other supplies necessary to complete the day’s work
- Adheres to safety procedures and uses all personal safety equipment provided
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering or Surveying or minimum two years of experience in a survey technician roll
- Must be able to operate survey field equipment, including Trimble GPS, Robotic, and Total Stations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- The ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, bending, lifting 50 to 100 pounds, loading and unloading equipment, etc.)
- Ability to extract, understand, and maintain data collected in the field
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.