This position assists in land surveying and construction staking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Holds level or stadia rod at designated points to assist in determining elevations and laying out stakes for mapmaking, construction, land, and other surveys
- Operates all of the instrumentation required for the collection or distribution of survey data (total station, data collector, level)
- Transmits survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires the data for field use
- Calls out reading or writes station number and reading in notebook
- Marks points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark
- Measures distance between survey points with steel or cloth tape or surveyor’s chain
- Places stakes at designated points and drives them into ground at specified elevation
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey
- Cuts survey line and carries survey instruments throughout the day
- Sets and locates monuments
- Loads and unloads survey equipment into truck
- Keeps survey vehicle supplied with stakes, flagging, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be pursuing a degree in the Civil Engineering or Land Surveying field
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Ability to work weekends and overtime, if necessary
- Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, lifting 50 to 100 pounds, loading and unloading survey equipment, etc.)
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.