Applying for a position at Moore Holding Company? YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE. Please submit your application using this online form.
Moore Holding Company administers an employee-owned family of companies seeking to expand. We provide marketing, finance, human resources, and IT support to our family of companies with the goal of improving effectiveness and efficiency. For more information on Moore Holding Company, see mooreholdingco.com.
Our finance team is seeking an Accountant I to perform day to day accounting responsibilities and support Moore Holding Company and its subsidiaries. This position may be assigned to work with any of the companies in the Moore family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and helps maintain accounting systems
- Serves as a liaison to Operations, and works closely with other Accounting team members on accounting-related technology transitions, implementations and organizational changes as needed
- Processes payroll, timesheets, and expense reports
- Partners with Project Managers to produce timely invoices, as directed by Project Managers
- Assists with coding, entering, and the timely paying of accounts payable
- Prepares daily deposits
- Performs Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Facilitates new hire orientations for accounting related subjects
- Assists with month end reporting information distribution, collection and data entry where needed
- Prepares and distributes accurate project management reports
- Assists with month end closing procedures, including reconciling of the general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Assists in preparing payroll, sales tax, and annual/quarterly reports
- Gains the confidence with business partners such as Company Management, Project Managers, and other departments, including the Human Resources Team
- Assists with preparing W2’s, 1099’s, and other year-end reporting
- Assists with audits and reconciling FAR/ASHTOO documentation
- Supports remote offices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with accounting software
- Experience with pivot tables preferred
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Confidentiality is required
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.