This position assists with a variety of projects in the Environmental Services Group related to water resources, transportation, and other environmental and municipal services. Duties will include assisting our engineering service groups and our clients with permitting, regulatory compliance, environmental review, grant writing and administration, and other natural-resource/environmental activities, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of documents including county and watershed environmental plans, aquatic resource delineation reports, Clean Water Act permitting, wetland mitigation site monitoring reports, and biological assessment reports
- Prepares permit applications necessary to obtain approvals for water resources, transportation, site development and environmental projects.
- Performs due diligence environmental review and environmental mitigation for public and private development and infrastructure projects, including categorical exclusions, environmental assessments, environmental assessment worksheets, and environmental impact statements
- Conducts ecology fieldwork including wetland/aquatic resource delineations, floristic surveys, biological surveys, and wetland mitigation site monitoring
- Stays current with regulatory policies associated with the Clean Water Act, the Wetland Conservation Act, floodplain management, public waters law, and local government requirements and approvals
- Acts as owner’s representative between contractors, local, state and federal agencies
- Works collaboratively with team
- Travel within MN required
- Occasional out of state travel required (e.g., ND)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences/Studies or similar field
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience
- Basic Plant Identification
- Experience using GIS and Microsoft Office
- Experience with MN and Federal wetland impact regulations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Master’s degree in Biology, Ecology, or Environmental Science/Studies
- 3 or more years of consulting experience
- Aquatic resources delineation experience and/or Certified MN wetland delineator
- Experience with MEPA/NEPA
- Strong GIS skills
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.