The Transportation Engineer is responsible for planning, design, and construction support for highway and urban projects. This includes transportation improvement projects in roadway design, geometric design, drainage analysis, signal design, utility design, and traffic reports for City, County, and State agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs and/or designs plans, calculates and prepares engineering documents for respective engineering discipline, including details, equipment schedules and cost estimates for projects, including the selection and application of engineering systems and materials in accordance with the latest governing codes
• Prepares and monitors project budgets for transportation design projects
• Oversees project schedules and timely completion of projects
• Serves as a project engineer and as a designated client contact
• Assists in construction bids or negotiations, including pre-bid conferences, interpretations and post-bid evaluations and contract preparation
• Monitors work-in-progress on team projects
• Stamps or seals work prepared by him/her or under his/her direction
• Participates in pre-project presentations, interviews, and promotions as requested by Group Leader
• Establishes and maintains cordial and professional working relations with clients and contractors and attends client meetings- days or nights
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of five years of experience in transportation engineering
• PE registered in the State of ND or MN or with the ability to become registered within six months.
• Working knowledge of MicroStation and GEOPAK
• Knowledge in NDDOT or MnDOT design and project development process, preferred
• Complete and thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
• Ability to prepare engineering records and to write concise technical reports
• Experience with the development of construction plans, specifications, and contracts
• Ability to manage several projects
• Self motivated with initiative to promote
• Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.