This position is responsible for leading watershed water quality efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitates and guides the development of watershed management plans, working with local government officials, local government water staff, local citizens, farmers, and state and federal agency staff
• Develops and executes nonpoint source implementation strategies for Best Management Practices (BMPs) and Conservation Practices (CPs) in rural settings
• Develops and executes implementation strategies focused on water quality and water quantity in urban settings
• Creates methods to prioritize, target, and evaluate the effectiveness of BMPs and CPs for achieving water quantity and resource goals
• Demonstrates knowledge of local, state and federal policy related to water quality, watershed management, and the Clean Water Act, including the development and implementation of One Watershed, One Plan, nutrient management strategies, Total Maximum Daily Loads and agriculture sustainability and conservation efforts
• Develops grant applications and executes work aimed at improving ground and surface water quality
• Specializes in completing and reviewing Watershed Restoration Action Plans (WRAPs)
• Analyzes water modeling results
• Utilizes GIS methods and applications in water resources management and water quality analyses
• Interacts with clients to manage projects and deliver solutions
• Works with Business Development Manager to increase watershed planning and water quality services client base
• Works with projects related to storm water management and permitting and TMDL program implementation
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in appropriate scientific discipline (aquatic or terrestrial biology, ecology, limnology, natural resources management, soils or zoology)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the environmental regulatory and consulting industries with over 10 years preferred
• Experience working with both state (MN) and federal regulatory agencies dealing with water (DNR, MPCA, EPA, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to understand environmental regulations, water quality and standards, environmental permitting, water quality monitoring and data analysis, water pollution control, and related water fields.
• Strong critical thinking skills
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.