This position is responsible for drafting detailed construction drawings, topographical profiles, and related maps and specifications used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
• Works under no supervision to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
• Able to perform preliminary civil design layout tasks.
• Proficient in most aspects of the Civil 3D environment within AutoCAD used on a day by day basis. (Surfaces, grading, corridors, pipes, quantities, etc.)
• Works with Registered Land Surveyor to review existing deeds, subdivision plats, survey record documents, and easement documents to show proper boundaries in designs.
• Analyzes sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings with minimal supervision.
• Utilizes the Moore tool palettes effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
• Accuracy, quality, completeness and schedule adherence can be independently maintained at this level of experience.
• May suggest and/or develop additions or propose changes to the existing templates and styles.
• May perform as a CADD project coordinator on projects with more than one operator.
• May train or provide assistance to less experienced technicians to help them resolve difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems.
• May begin applying to principles of civil engineering to make design decisions
• Perform at times in a designer capacity involving their discipline.
• May be required to prepare design calculations.
• Required to learn and follow company design standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Associates Degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering field.
• Minimum five years of experience in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Proficient in Civil 3D Software or other software company may be utilizing.
• Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.