Responsible for coordinating and completing field surveys providing data to office staff to ensure that all surveys are completed to the North Dakota DOT standards of practice for land surveying and engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the work of one or more survey technicians and meets deadlines by organizing, directing, and maintaining field crew production.
- Performs a variety of office and field tasks associated with ND-DOT projects, boundary surveys, and civil engineering projects obtained by the company, with the ability to thoroughly understand the requirements and scope of each project.
- Follows and complies with Company procedures and State requirements to ensure that field data is in the proper format.
- Communicates with Registered Land Surveyor and Office Manager, the progress of each assignment, by verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and make technical decisions for projects assigned, within specified limits of authority.
- Provides and maintains neat and accurate field notes by recording all significant data, as well as supervising the crew’s preparation of sketches, notes, and electronic data collection.
- Responsible for direct communication with contractors and clients.
- Ensures crew adheres to safety procedures and uses all personal safety equipment provided.
- Records time spent on each project, mileage reports, and field change orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in civil engineering or surveying or equivalent experience
- LSIT or minimum of eight years of experience in a ND-DOT crew chief roll
- Must be able to operate survey field equipment, including Trimble GPS, Robotic, and Total Station
- Proficient with Trimble Business Canter and Trimble Geomatics Office
- Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, lifting 50 to 100 pounds, loading and unloading equipment, etc.)
- Ability to extract, understand, and maintain data collected in the field
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Engineering is an EEO/AA Employer.