CADD Technician with an emphasis in MicroStation, is responsible for the drafting of detailed construction drawings, topographical profiles, and related maps used in planning, design and construction of Transportation projects, utilizing primarily MicroStation and GEOPAK software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will serve as the lead MicroStation CADD Technician on projects that will require an understanding of the software including GEOPAK
- Uses computer aided engineering and design software to prepare detailed design plans, and engineering documents for transportation related improvement projects, including details, equipment schedules and quantity estimates as necessary. Work performed in accordance to local jurisdictional requirements
- Familiarity in the use of MicroStation and GEOPAK, or willingness to learn software in the preparation of projects that include plan, profile and cross sections
- Works under supervision and direction of the project engineer to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions
- Utilizes the standards library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity
- May suggest and/or develop additions or propose changes to the existing standards library. Work with others in translation of AutoCAD to MicroStation
- Assists in the preparation of design computations and quantity estimates under direct supervision of licensed engineer.
- Required to learn company design standards
- Works within designated department but may be required to perform work from other departments or with more than one CADD Operator
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum Associates Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum three years of experience drafting NDDOT civil engineering projects using MicroStation and GEOPAK software.
- Must be willing to become proficient in the use of MicroStation and with a working knowledge and understanding of GEOPAK, and must be willing to keep up with current versions of MicroStation and GEOPAK.
- Working knowledge of both SS4 OpenRoads and InRoads software a plus.
- Basic understanding of AutoCad and Land Desktop software and conversions between AutoCad and MicroStation.
- Self motivated with initiative to promote.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.