Assists in civil engineering projects by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects, including attending city meetings.
- Assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, funding applications, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- Revises plan documents and coordinates with draftsperson/ technicians to modify designs.
- Conducts periodic site visits to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents and plans.
- Serves as onsite project representative.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare design computations.
- Performs occasional drafting.
- Responsible for quality control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Completion of Engineer in Training exam.
- If not a PE in the State of ND, will aspire to obtain license.
- Stays current in job specialty by attending continuing education courses.
- General understanding of AutoCAD software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.