The Project Manager is responsible for client relationship development, client relationship management, and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall supervision of projects assigned to him/her to ensure that the project meets the scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develop the scope of work, schedule and fee for each of their projects in coordination with Group Leaders and or Office Managers.
- Develop a Project Work Plan for distribution to the project team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client’s expectations and objectives for the project.
- Receives project assignments from Project Management Group Leader or Office Manager.
- Participate in preparing qualification/proposal submittals and presentations to clients
- Monitors his/her projects using Moore Engineering’s financial project management system.
- Participate in securing funding with State and Federal agencies, if required.
- Apply engineering experience and expertise to assist design team in developing engineering solutions to meet the client’s expectation for the project requirements.
- Answer questions and give daily guidance to project team.
- Monitor and ensure prompt delivery and payment of client invoices by adhering to Moore Engineering Accounts Receivable Collection policy.
- Coordinates with Project Management Group Leader or Office Manager to review scope, schedule, fee, project profitability, billings, collections and project-specific client/quality issues on each project.
- Ensures project team adherence to all Moore Engineering standards and policies related to project execution and management.
- Be a trusted advisor to the clients they serve.
- Works in collaboration with Business Development to obtain new clients and work.
- Travel for project coordination, as required.
- Keeps current in job specialty through continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State where the office is located or ability to obtain registration within 6 months
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in civil engineering
- Complete and thorough knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Ability to market and sell engineering services
- Understanding of engineering contracts
- Ability to prepare engineering records and to write concise technical reports
- Ability to supervise and lead project teams to successfully execute engineering projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to understand, in general, other engineering discipline principles
- Ability to read and interpret appropriate design, regulatory, funding and administrative codes
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.