This position is responsible for planning and designing civil engineering projects for both Private and Public entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and/or designs plans, calculates and prepares engineering documents for respective engineering discipline, including details, equipment schedules and cost estimates for projects, including the selection and application of engineering systems and materials in accordance with the latest governing codes.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets for smaller, less complex projects and responsible for project schedules and timely completion of these projects.
- Prepares funding applications and preliminary engineer reports.
- Assists in construction bids or negotiations, including pre-bid conferences, interpretations and post-bid evaluations and contract preparation.
- Responsible for control of work-in-progress and monitoring outstanding accounts receivable.
- Stamps or seals work prepared by him/her or under his/her direct supervision.
- Participates in pre-project presentations, interviews, and pre construction meetings.
- Responsible for overseeing personnel assigned to projects in which they are the lead engineer.
- Establishes and maintains cordial and professional working relations with clients and contractors and attends client meetings.
- Travels as required for project meetings, client meetings, or to construction sites.
- Must keep current in job specialty through continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of ND or ability to obtain registration within six months
- Minimum of four years of experience in civil engineering
- Knowledge of financing programs in ND and/or MN preferred
- Complete and thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
- Ability to prepare engineering records and to write concise technical reports
- Keeps current in job specialty through continuing education
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Moore Engineering, Inc. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.